The Leibniz-Forschungsinstitut für Molekulare Pharmakologie (FMP) belongs to the „Forschungsverbund Berlin e. V. (FVB)“. The FVB is an institution of seven natural sciences research institutes in Berlin funded by the Federal Republic of Germany and the association of its federal states. The research institutes are members of the Leibniz association.
The Leibniz-Forschungsinstitut für Molekulare Pharmakologie (FMP) is a non-university academic research organisation dedicated to basic biomedical research and is located at the Research Campus Berlin Buch in close vicinity to the Max Delbrück Center for Molecular Medicine and the Charité Experimental and Clinical Research Center.
The Cellular Imaging Facility at the FMP offers advanced light and electron microscopy equipment to investigate molecular interactions and cellular structures. We provide access for about 100 users to widefield, confocal, super-resolution and electron microscopes (TEM, FIB-SEM). Additionally we optimize advanced spectroscopy and microscopy techniques like FRET, FLIM, FCS, TIRF, STED, STORM and CLEM as well as novel labelling and manipulation techniques. To support our users with Image Analysis and further develop our imaging platform we are looking for a
Image Analysis Staff Scientist (m/f/d)
(Job offer 16/2021)
working 39 hours/week initially temporary limited to 2 years with the potential of extension and starting as soon as possible.
- Collaboration with researchers in projects that include quantitative image processing, super-resolution microscopy, live-cell imaging and correlative Light and Electron Microscopy
- Development of novel algorithms for image & data processing
- Implementation of automated microscopy acquisition with feedback from analysis
- Collection, Improvement and customization of existing analysis tools
- Training of facility users in Image & Data Analysis tools (ImageJ, Huygens, Imaris, Matlab, Prism)
- Maintenance of Facility IT and microscope infrastructure
- Master or Engineer in (Bio)Informatics, (Bio)physics, Biochemistry, Applied mathematics or related areas with profound knowledge in Image Analysis
- Experience with Image processing, data visualization and software development (e.g. ImageJ, Python or Matlab)
- Familiarity with biological data is a plus
- Experience of working in interdisciplinary projects is advantageous
- Very good English skills and strong team player with excellent communication skills
For more information please contact:
Dr. Martin Lehmann; e-mail: email@example.com ; phone: 030 94793-218
Homepage FMP: http://www.fmp-berlin.de
Salaries will be based on TVöD. In 2013 the institute was awarded the certificate of the audit Beruf und Familie as a family-friendly employer. We offer equal opportunities regardless of gender and welcome applications of disabled candidates. They will be preferred in case of equal qualification.
How to apply:
On the FMP homepage please go to “Stellenangebote/Jobs“and click on this advertisement and then on the button “Online bewerben“. Please combine all application documents (motivation letter, CV, bachelor & master / PhD degree, statement of research experience and interests and the contact details of two to three references) into one pdf document and submit them as soon as possible but not later than May 31, 2021.
We are looking forward to your application!