The Leibniz-Forschungsinstitut für Molekulare Pharmakologie (FMP) belongs to the „Forschungsverbund Berlin e. V. (FVB)“. The FVB is an institution of seven natural sciences research institutes in Berlin which are funded by the federal and state governments. The research institutes are members of the Leibniz Association.
The Cellular Imaging Core Facility of the Leibniz Institute for Molecular Pharmacology (FMP) searches from summer 2022 a
Staff Microscopy Assistant (f/m/d)
in full-time (39 hours per week).The position is limited to 2 years with an option for extension.
As a technology platform, we support over 100 researchers with advanced light and electron microscopy technology, and we develop new imaging techniques for studying living and fixed living cells, small organisms and tissue organization: https://www.leibniz-fmp.de/cellular-imaging).
In order visualize proteins and membranes at the nanoscale we continuously improve our super-resolution microscopes, develop correlative light and electron microscopy to study dynamic processes in the nanometer range and measure molecular interactions by means of Förster resonance energy transfer (FRET). We apply our technologies to get a deeper understanding of paracellular barriers, mitochondria and neuronal synapses.
Your tasks include:
- Service and maintenance of fluorescence microscopes (confocal, wide-field, Super-resolution STED/STORM) and flow cytometer
- Training & support of researchers on Fluorescence Microscopes and flow cytometer
- Sample preparation (cloning, cell culture, transfection, fixation, histology, immunostainings)
- Lab Management
Your education & experience include:
- Formation as Biological-Tech. Assistant, BSc. or engineer with background of Biochemistry/Biophysics/Biotechnology or comparable qualification
- Experience with standard confocal or wide field fluorescence microscopy
- Experience with molecular cell biology or biochemistry techniques
- Knowledge of MS Office and basic data/image analysis
- Good English language skills
For more information please contact:
Salaries will be based on the German salary scale TVöD Bund. In 2013 the institute has been awarded the certificate of the audit Beruf und Familie as family-friendly employer. We offer equal opportunities regardless of gender and welcome applications of disabled candidates. They will be preferred in case of equal qualification. We welcome applications from all backgrounds.
How to apply:
On the FMP homepage please go to “Stellenangebote/Jobs” and click first on this advertisement and then on the button “Online bewerben”. Please combine your application documents including motivation letter, CV, names and contacts of references and copies of degree certificates into a single pdf file and submit as soon as possible but not later than June 3, 2022.
We are looking forward to your application!