PhD Position (m/f/d)
The Leibniz-Forschungsinstitut für Molekulare Pharmakologie (FMP) is a non-university research institute located at the Research Campus Berlin-Buch and conducts basic research in molecular pharmacology. FMP provides a vibrant and collaborative environment with state-of-the-art facilities for research and employees from all over the world.
The Broichhagen Lab (Section Chemical Biology: www.broichhagenlab.com) is an interdisciplinary team at the interface of chemistry and biology, and is looking for a PhD Student in organic synthesis, spectroscopy and microscopy (recent publications: Roßmann et al., Chem. Sci. 2022; Birke et al., Org. Biomol. Chem. 2022; Trumpp et al., Chem. Commun. 2022; Ast et al., Nat. Commun. 2023). The position is funded by an ERC Starting Grant (deuterON) and focusses on novel chromophores and their applications in the cellular context. The position is to be filled in January/February 2024 and is initially limited to 3 years.
We seek highly motivated, ambitious, and talented young scientists to join an enthusiastic and collaborative team in an outstanding scientific environment. Successful PhD applicants will hold a MA in chemistry or chemical biology and have a strong track record of accomplishments. PhD candidates with proven experience in organic synthesis, photophysics (UV/Vis, fluorescence) and microscopy imaging techniques (e.g. confocal light microscopy, STED, STORM, CLEM) and an interest in establishing a new research direction at the FMP are especially encouraged to apply. All applicants are expected to benefit from excellent written and oral communication skills and display a high personal motivation to excel in science. The working language is English.
What we offer:
· An attractive environment in a pleasant, friendly working atmosphere with an excellent infrastructure
· Compensation in accordance with the public collective bargaining agreement (TVöD Bund) including the usual social benefits, i.e. 30 days of vacation, annual bonus, company pension plan with the Versorgungsanstalt des Bundes und der Länder (VBL)
· Work-life balance (certified by Audit Beruf und Familie) as well as flexible working hours and the possibility of mobile working
· Health offers on campus (courses, fitness center, etc.)
· Mobility offers such as job ticket, campus bikes and Jelbi station on campus
How to apply:
Please submit your application including a concise statement of research interest, CV, copies of degree certificates and contact information for two letters of recommendation as soon as possible but not later than November 15, 2023. Applications will be considered upon submission.
For further information about the Institute see www.leibniz-fmp.de.
We are looking forward to your application!