The Leibniz-Forschungsinstitut for Molecular Pharmacology (FMP) belongs to the „Forschungsverbund Berlin e. V. (FVB)“. The FVB is an institution of seven natural sciences research institutes in Berlin funded by the Federal Republic of Germany and the association of its federal states. The research institutes belong to the Leibniz association. The Leibniz-Forschungsinstitut for Molecular Pharmacology (FMP) is a non-university academic research organisation dedicated to basic biomedical research and is located at the Research Campus Berlin Buch in close vicinity to the Max Delbrück Center for Molecular Medicine and the Charité Experimental and Clinical Research Center.
We are looking for a
Staff Scientist (f/m/d)
in the mass spectrometry and proteomics facility. The position will be pointed initially for 2 years with the possibility of extension.
- Optimization and application of different quantitative proteomic methods such as SILAC, TMT (tandem mass tag) as well as label free approaches with DDA and DIA
- Optimization and application of different structural and chemical proteomic methods (cross-linking MS, proximity biotinylation, protein stability profiling)
- Analysis of post-transcriptional modification with a focus on phosphorylation
- Supporting users of the MS facility throughout the MS workflow from sample preparation to data analysis
- Coordiate with the technicians and engineers at the facility to maintain and operate the LC/MS instruments.
- Excellent knowledge of different quantitative proteomic techniques
- Great prior experience with DDA and DIA acquisition and data analysis
- Expertise in handling LC/MS instruments, in particular Thermo Fisher Orbitrap Tribrid and Exploris mass spectrometers
- Experience in cross-linking MS or other structural and chemical proteomic methods is advantageous
- Ability to accurately and reliably document and present scientific data is essential
- Strong communication skills and proficiency in English are required
The mass spectrometry and proteomics technology platform at the FMP consists of an international team of enthusiastic and collaborative scientists, providing MS services to research groups within and outside of the FMP but also highly active in developing novel MS acquisition and analysis strategies. The research scope of the facility includes global quantitative proteome profiling as well as the identification of post-translational modifications in synthetic peptides/proteins and various organisms. The platform hosts a range of state-of-the-art mass spectrometers, including two Orbitrap Exploris 480, LTQ-Orbitrap Fusion Lumos, one LTQ-Orbitrap Fusion, and one LTQ-Orbitrap Elite, all equipped with nano-UPLC systems. The successful candidate will work closely with the other staff scientists and technical assistants in the facility, assuring optimized operation of the MS instruments, setting up proteomics experiments, and assisting researchers in interpretation of MS data.
We are looking for a highly motivated, responsible, reliable, and flexible scientist that works well independently as well as with others. The candidate should have a PhD degree in analytical chemistry, biochemistry, biophysics, or relevant fields with a strong expertise in mass spectrometry. The candidate will be responsible for operation and maintenance of the UPLC and MS systems and should be highly experienced in various proteomics approaches, in particular quantitative proteomics with DDA and DIA acquisitions. Candidates with additional expertise in structural and/or chemical proteomics is advantageous. Furthermore, the candidate is also expected to have a strong interest in methodological development tailored to specific collaborative projects. Proficiency in spoken and written English is required.
For more information please contact:
Dr. Fan Liu; e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org phone: +49 (0)30 94793 141
Webpage: https://www.theliulab.com/ and https://leibniz-fmp.de/research/research-section/structural-biology/fan-liu-mass-spectrometry Salaries will be based on TVöD. In 2013 the institute has been awarded the certificate of the audit “Beruf und Familie” as family-friendly employer. We offer equal opportunities regardless of gender and welcome applications of disabled candidates. They will be preferred in case of equal qualification. We offer assistance in finding childcare on the campus.
How to Apply:
On the FMP homepage please go to “Stellenangebote/Jobs” and click first on this advertisement and then “Online bewerben”. Please send your application documents including motivation letter, CV and names and contacts of references before December 10th 2023.
We are looking forward to your application!